Our partners utilize technologies, like cookies, and collect info that is browsing to personalise the content and advertising shown to you and to supply you with the ideal internet experience.
Please let us know if you agree.
Mathieu van der Poel won the Tour of Britain as he sprinted to victory in the last stage to Manchester from Altrincham.
The 24-year-old Dutchman claimed his third stage victory from compatriot Cees Bol.
Matteo Trentin came , meaning Van der Poel ended 17 seconds clear of the Italian overall.
“I had been concentrated on the lineup and think I timed it perfectly,” said Van der Poel.
Speaking to ITV Sport, he added:”I was fairly confident I could hold off the men around me but you cannot react to everybody. There were maybe.
“But in the long run I did a great job and the group did a perfect job.”
Despite missing out on the classification, Mitchelton-Scott rider Trentin maintained the points jersey while Britain’s Jacob Scott was named King of the Mountains.
Ben Swift was named best riders with his Team Ineos asserting the club award.
1. Mathieu van der Poel (Ned/Corendon-Circus) 3hrs 49mins 26secs
2. Cees Bol (Ned/Team Sunweb) Same Moment
3. Matteo Trentin (Ita/Mitchelton-Scott)
4. Mike Teunissen (Ned/Jumbo-Visma)
5. Davide Cimolai (Ita/Israel Cycling Academy)
6. Sacha Modolo (Ita/EF Education First)
7. Nils Eekhoff (Ned/Sunweb)
8. Jasper De Buyst (Bel/Lotto Soudal)
9. Xandro Meurisse (Bel/Wanty-Gobert)
10. Danilo Wyss (Swi/Dimension Data)
1. Mathieu van der Poel (Ned/Corendon-Circus) 29hrs 47mins 41secs
2. Matteo Trentin (Ita/Mitchelton-Scott) +17secs
3. Jasper de Buyst (Bel/Lotto-Soudal) +50secs
4. Pavel Sivakov (Rus/Ineos) +52secs
5. Nils Politt (Ger/Katusha-Alpecin) +1min 1secs
6. Gianni Moscon (Ita/Ineos) Same time
7. Mike Teunissen (Ned/Jumbo-Visma) +1min 3secs
8. Andrey Amador (Crc/Movistar) +1min 4 secs
9. Tiesj Benoot (Bel/Lotto-Soudal) +1min 7 secs
10. Amund Grondahl Jansen (Nor/Jumbo-Visma) +1 min 8 secs
They are going to help take your match to the next level
Road, track, BMX, mountain and more – there are many ways and motives to begin biking.
Got a cycling race? Ensure that you make the most of your warm up for this guide.