nba betting online"/>
(CNN) — Roger Federer has endured his fastest defeat in 16 years after crashing from the Cincinnati Masters Thursday.
The 20-time grand slam winner was roundly beaten 6-3 6-4 by Russian qualifier Andrey Rublev in just 62 minutes.
Federer, who had won this event seven days before, was confronting his 21-year-old competition for the first time along with the Swiss star said he’d been impressed with the strength of the Russian’s game.
“He was super clean. Defense, crime, functioning nicely,” Federer said of the opponent after the game.
“Didn’t give me anything. He was. It was difficult for me, but an excellent match by him.”
READ: Nick Kyrgios contrasts two rackets and curses in umpire in Cincinnati defeat
READ: Serena Williams pulls out of Cincinnati Masters with back injury
Federer eyes US Open
Regardless of the loss, Federer said he had been pleased to have come through the Cincinnati Pros accident free and has turned his focus to the US Open later this month.
The world No. 3 is looking to clinch his sixth title at Flushing Meadows, his first since 2008.
“I worked really hard coming into Cincinnati and in that little season we had since Wimbledon, so I could maybe also utilize a couple of days away,” that the 38-year-old added.
“I will train, do precisely what I need to do to the US Open and that’s it. It is rather straightforward, but I have got to work hard”
READ: Cori’Coco’ Gauff, 15, handed wild card to perform at US Open
Meanwhile, Rublev will be looking to build in an impressive breakthrough year that has seen him conquer two top-five gamers — another being world No. 4 Dominic Thiem.
The entire world. No 70 was clearly psychological after beating Federer and could now anticipate a quarterfinal match with fellow Russian Daniil Medvedev.
“It is the largest and most emotional win,” said Rublev, before turning his attention to praising Federer.
“I can not envision every day just how much pressure you’ve got. I suggest, to understand that you’re Roger and everyone is watching you and you need to prove it each day, and he is doing this, I don’t know for a lot of decades. I mean, this is something, I do not understand, unreal.”
READ: Andy Murray loses original singles game since hip surgery
Murray from US Open
Meanwhile, the three-time grand slam champion Andy Murray affirmed he won’t be participate at this year’s US Open in the doubles as he continues his return from hip surgery.
The 32-year-old had ruled himself from playing the singles at Flushing Meadows but has now confirmed he’ll miss the contest entirely.
“I’m not likely to play doubles at the US Open. My purpose is to get back playing at the level that I wish to about the singles court, and I have decided I want to concentrate all of my energies on that right today,” Murray told BBC Sport.
Read more: nba betting online
Blijf in contact met Classified Ads Wordpress Theme en wij informeren u over de beste advertenties